Multipipe General Data Protection Regulations Policy 2021
Multipipe Ltd & www.multipipe.co.uk (“We” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the personal data we collect about you for the purposes described in this policy including to provide you with sales information and a more personalised visiting experience. This privacy statement does not affect your rights under Data Protection Legislation.
- What personal data of yours is collected;
- With whom such data may be shared;
- Our security procedures to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of personal data under our control;
- Your rights in connection with your personal data; and
- How you can correct any errors in the personal data we hold on you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is –
Unit 12 Great Hayes Business Park, Lower Burnham Road, Chelmsford, Essex.
Tel. 01245 227630
The information we collect
The personal data we collect about you includes the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
How we use the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries raised through our contact form
- To provide you with information regarding the products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
We do not share any data given to us through this website with third parties for sales, marketing or any other purpose.
For training purposes, some telephone calls may be monitored.
We are committed to the security of our customers’ information and personal data. We take precautions to protect all of the customer personal data we have collected as you would expect of a prudent and responsible organisation. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are small text files that are created and stored on your browser or the hard drive of your device by websites that you visit to enable the website to proactively operate and ‘remember’ who you are. They are also used to monitor website traffic. Cookies are generally only visible to the website that serves them and not to other websites.
Our cookies are used on our website to ‘remember’ information so that it can be passed from page to page and to collect website statistics. This statistical data may be used to help improve our websites, offers and the services that we offer to you. Some of our cookies will also recognise you as a previous visitor the next time you visit our websites to improve your experience – if you have consented to be remembered.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookie types explained
There are two types of Cookie:
Session Cookies – These cookie files are erased when you close your browser. This cookie stores your browsing information and will be active until you leave a site and close your browser.
Persistent Cookies – These files stay in one of a browser’s subfolder until they are deleted manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file. You can set your browser to automatically remove these cookies on logging off.
Enabling you to share Multipipe Ltd stories and page content via social media components, like Facebook and Twitter.
We like to anonymously keep track of user behaviour to help us keep our website content relevant and up to date. It’s also useful to identify trends of how people navigate through our websites.
How to manage cookies
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically however, you can accept, delete or disable cookies if you wish; the process for which can usually be found in your internet browser’s ‘Help’ menu.
If you don’t want these cookies to be used when visiting the Multipipe Ltd website, you can remove them by following these simple steps:
1. Click Tools & select Internet Options
2. Click the Privacy tab, and select Advanced
3. Click Override automatic cookie handling
4. Specify how you wish to handle cookies from first-party Websites and third-party Websites
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about you during the checkout process at our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for five years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Online Shopping – WishList
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favourite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlists you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the wishlists you create, and make them visible to the store staff
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us with. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Wishlist details, such as products added, date of addition, name and privacy settings of your wishlists
Our team members have access to this information to offer you better deals for the products you love.